- Marinated Dijon Pork Chops With Mac & Cheese Dinner
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Fruit 'n Cheese Snack Mix
- Spinach & Cheese Dip
- MAXWELL HOUSE® Instant Iced Coffee
- Fish in Red Pepper Sauce
- Chocolate-Cherry Clafouti
- Corny Frank Chowder
Sausage-stuffed Cornish Hens
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time : 1 Hour 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 2
- 1/4 pound Pork Sausage
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix For Chicken In The Canister
- 2 tablespoons Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 2 Cornish Game Hens (1 Pound Each)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Jelly
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Brown sausage with mushrooms in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Add stuffing mix, carrots and hot water; stir just until moistened. Set aside. SPOON stuffing mixture evenly into hen cavities; close openings with skewers. Place hens, breast sides up, in shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil.
BAKE 1 hour; spoon jelly over hens. Bake an additional 10 min. or until hens are cooked through (180°F).
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
For added color and texture, serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Light Reduced Fat Dressing.
If serving a crowd, use 1 lb. pork sausage, 2-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, 5 cups stuffing mix, 2/3 cup shredded carrots, 2-1/2 cups hot water and 1 roasting chicken (5 lb.). Prepare stuffing mixture as directed; use to stuff chicken. Place chicken on rack in roasting pan. Brush with 1/3 cup oil. Bake at 350°F for 1-1/2 hours before topping with 2/3 cup jelly. Continue baking 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through (180°F). Makes 10 servings.