- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1-1/2 cups Flour, Divided
- 1/2 cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Creamy Wheat (enriched Farina) Hot Cereal (1 Minute, 2.5 Minutes Or 10 Minutes Cook Time), Uncooked, Divided
- 1 package Fast-rising Yeast
- 2 tablespoons KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Hot Water (125ºF To 130ºF)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
MIX 1 cup of the flour, 1/2 cup of the cereal, undissolved yeast, cheese, sugar and salt in large bowl. Add hot water and 1 Tbsp. of the oil; mix well. Gradually add enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough, stirring until well blended after each addition. (You may not need to add all of the remaining flour.)
PLACE dough on floured surface. Knead 6 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic; cover. Let rise in warm place 20 minutes.
DIVIDE dough into 6 equal pieces; shape each piece into 16-inch rope. Shape each rope into coil; place on greased baking sheet sprinkled with remaining 1 Tbsp. cereal. Cover. Let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
COOK garlic in remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in small skillet just until golden, stirring frequently. Brush 1 Tbsp. of the oil mixture onto tops of rolls; sprinkle with oregano. BAKE at 400?F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush rolls with remaining oil mixture. Serve warm.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute dried basil leaves for oregano.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS