Spinach And Mushroom Turnovers
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 tablespoon Butter Or Margarine
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed, Drained
- 3/4 cup Shredded POLLY-O Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup POLLY-O Original Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pkg. (17.3 oz.) Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (2 Sheets), Thawed
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
PREHEAT oven to 400?F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until tender. Spoon into large bowl. Add spinach, cheeses, garlic powder, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
ROLL each pastry sheet into 12-inch square. Cut each square into 4 (6-inch) squares. Top each 6-inch square with 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture. Moisten pastry edges lightly with water. Fold each pastry square over filling to form triangle; seal edges with fork. Brush tops of turnovers with egg. Make 2 or 3 slits in top of each turnover with sharp knife. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE 20 min. or until golden brown. KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS Serving Suggestion
For a tasty meatless meal, serve with a tossed green salad topped with your favorite KRAFT Light Reduced Fat Dressing.
Substitute finely chopped, drained canned artichoke hearts for the mushrooms.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS