Our Best Lasagna
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 9
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 or 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 3/4 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 3/4 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 can (28 ounce) Crushed Tomatoes, Undrained
- 2 teaspoons Dried Basil Leaves, Crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano Leaves, Crushed
- 1 container (15 ounce) BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese, Divided
- 3 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1/3 cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 8 Lasagna Noodles, Cooked, Drained
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
COOK and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in large skillet until tender. Add ground beef and sausage; cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, basil and oregano. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, eggs and parsley until well blended.
LAYER half each of the noodles, meat sauce and ricotta cheese mixture in 13x9-inch baking dish; repeat layers. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve with whole wheat dinner rolls and a crisp, mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Dressing, such as Zesty Italian. A bowl of fresh fruit makes the perfect dessert!
Substitute BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Cottage Cheese for the ricotta cheese.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS