- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 8 ounces Spaghetti, Uncooked
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage, Casing Removed, Crumbled
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Spaghetti Sauce (One & Three Fourth Cups)
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Divided
- 1/4 cup KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook spaghetti as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown sausage in medium skillet on medium heat; drain. Stir in sauce. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN spaghetti; place in large bowl. Add egg, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Place in prepared baking dish; top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
BAKE 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute ground beef for the Italian sausage.
Kids in the Kitchen
Make dinner preparation a family affair. Match your kids' skill levels with various tasks for safe kitchen fun. For Spaghetti Bake, let younger children open packages, measure ingredients and beat the egg. Older kids can stir the sauce and help assemble the casserole.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS