Apple Bran Loaf
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Total Time: 1 hour 10 Minutes
- Serving Size: 0
- 1-1/2 cups POST 100 Percent Bran Cereal
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup (1/2 Stick) Margarine, Melted
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 1-1/2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups Sweetened Applesauce
- 1 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
MIX cereal, raisins, margarine and hot water in large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
MIX flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in small bowl. STIR applesauce, egg and vanilla into cereal mixture. Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer on medium speed. Add flour mixture; beat until blended. Pour into 9x5-inch loaf pan which has been sprayed with a cooking spray. BAKE at 350°F for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS Substitute Substitute dried cranberries for raisins.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS