Slow Cooker Bbq Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total time: 8 Hours 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 pounds Boneless Beef For Stew, Cut Into One & Half Inches Cubes
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce, Divided
- 1 tablespoon MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee
- 5 medium Carrots, Peeled, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 Large Onion, Cut Into Chunks
- 6 Small Red Potatoes, Quartered
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Penne Pasta Or Rotini Pasta, Cooked, Drained
HEAT oil in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat, in batches; cook until evenly browned. Transfer meat to 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce over meat; sprinkle with coffee granules. Top with onions, carrots and potatoes; cover with lid.
COOK on LOW for 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
STIR in peas and remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; cover. Cook an additional 15 min. or until heated through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using your favorite KRAFT Barbecue Sauce.
Substitute your favorite frozen vegetable, such as green beans, for the peas.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS