- Marinated Dijon Pork Chops With Mac & Cheese Dinner
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Fruit 'n Cheese Snack Mix
- Spinach & Cheese Dip
- MAXWELL HOUSE® Instant Iced Coffee
- Fish in Red Pepper Sauce
- Chocolate-Cherry Clafouti
- Corny Frank Chowder
Certo® Five Pepper Jelly
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes (Total time: 4 Hour 5 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 0
- 3 cups Prepared Peppers (buy 2 Large Red Bell Peppers, 1 Large Green Bell Pepper And 4 Large Jalapeno Or Serrano Peppers)
- 1/2 Of A Small Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Salt, Divided
- 1-1/2 cups Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper (cayenne)
- 5 cups Sugar, Measured Into Separate Bowl
- 1/2 teaspoon Butter Or Margarine (optional)
- 2 pouches CERTO Fruit Pectin
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Whole Cumin Seeds, Toasted
BRING boiling-water canner, half-full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before filling.
STEM and halve all peppers; discard seeds. Finely chop peppers. Measure exactly 3 cups chopped peppers into colander. Add onion and 1 tsp. of the salt; let stand in colander 3 hours, pressing occasionally with back of spoon to extract as much moisture as possible. Place pepper mixture in 6- or 8-qt. saucepot. Add vinegar, lemon juice, remaining 1 tsp. salt and the spices; mix well.
STIR sugar into prepared peppers in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally.
STIR in pectin. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cumin seeds. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 min.. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS