30 Minutes To Homemade Sure.jell® Mixed Berry Freezer Jam
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes(Total Time: 24 Hours 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 0
- 1-1/2 cups Crushed Strawberries (buy About 1 Pint Fully Ripe Strawberries)
- 1/2 cup Crushed Raspberries (buy About 1 Cup Fully Ripe Raspberries)
- 1/2 cup Crushed Blueberries (buy About 1 Cup Fully Ripe Blueberries)
- 4-1/2 cups Sugar, Measured Into Separate Bowl
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 box SURE.JELL Fruit Pectin
RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
STEM and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 1-1/2 cups crushed strawberries into large bowl. Separately mash blueberries, then raspberries. Measure exactly 1/2 cup of each into bowl with strawberries. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring 1 min. Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 min. or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
FILL all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
How To Measure Precisely
To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS