Margarita Beef With Orange Salsa
- Prep Time: 30 minutes (Marinating time: 6 hours or overnight)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 Beef Top Round Steak, Cut 1 Inch Thick (One & Three Fourth Pounds)
- 2/3 cup Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, Defrosted
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Ginger
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Ground Red Pepper
1. Combine marinade ingredients and 1 tsp salt. Marinate beef steak in marinade in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
2. Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered,16 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness,turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Carve into thin slices. Serve with orange salsa.
To Broil: Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2" to 3" from heat. Broil 17 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
Orange Salsa: Combine 2 diced peeled oranges, 1 small chopped red onion,1 minced seeded jalapeño pepper, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 2 to 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp each salt and dried oregano in non-metallic bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
About 1-1/2 cups