- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 cups Water
- 4 medium Apples, Such As Granny Smith, Mcintosh Or Golden Delicious
- 1/2 cup Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
COMBINE dry gelatin mix and cinnamon in 3- to 4-qt. saucepan. Add water. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring frequently until gelatin is completely dissolved.
PEEL and core apples. Add to gelatin mixture in saucepan; partially cover saucepan with lid. Return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 15 min. or just until apples are fork tender, gently turning apples every 5 min. Remove apples from liquid.
SERVE apples warm. Or, cool and store in tightly covered container in refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve each apple topped with 2 Tbsp. of the whipped topping. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
After draining the cooked apples, pour the cooking liquid evenly into eight dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set for a refreshing JELL-O snack!
Prepare as directed, using any other flavor of red JELL-O Brand Gelatin.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS