- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onions (about 1 Large)
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
- 2 pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup Ketchup, Divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix For Chicken
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 2 Percent Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Cook onions in dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
COMBINE meat, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, the stuffing mix, water, egg whites and onions; mix well. Place meat mixture in 13x9-inch baking dish; shape into 10x5-inch oval loaf. Spread with remaining 1/2 cup ketchup.
BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until cooked through (160°F). Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 min. or until cheese is melted.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Makeover - How We Did It
We've made over this traditional entree and cut more than half the fat by using extra lean ground beef and egg whites instead of whole eggs. As a result, this saves 6g of fat per serving.
How to Safely Prepare A Meat Loaf
After shaping a meat loaf with your hands, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water for at least 20 sec. A quick rinse under the faucet is not enough to kill any harmful bacteria.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS