Cowboy Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 2-1/2 to 3 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 2-1/2 pound Beef For Stew, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 pkg (12 to 14 oz) Dried Bean Soup Mix With Seasoning Packet (not Quick Cooking)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) Diced Tomatoes With Green Peppers And Onion, Undrained
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) Beef Broth
- 3 cups Frozen Diced Or Hash-brown Potatoes, Optional
1. Soak beans according to package directions. Reserve seasoning.
2. Coat beef with reserved seasoning. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches. Pour off drippings.
. Drain beans; discard water. Combine beef, beans, tomatoes and broth in pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
4. Add potatoes; simmer, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.