Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes ( Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 1/2 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup Sugar, Divided
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine, Melted
- 1 container (24 ounce) BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups Cholesterol-free Egg Product, Divided
- 2 package (8 ounce each) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, One Third Less Fat Than Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 cups Sliced Strawberries, Divided
PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, 2 Tbsp. of the sugar and butter until well blended; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Set aside.
PLACE cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of the egg product in blender or food processor container; cover. Blend well; set aside. Beat Neufchatel cheese, 3/4 cup of the remaining sugar, remaining 1-1/2 cups egg product and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until well blended. Add cottage cheese mixture; mix well. Pour over crust.
BAKE 1 hour 20 minutes or until cheesecake is puffed and center is almost set. Cool on rack 15 minutes. Carefully run metal spatula or knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen; remove side of pan. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
PLACE 1 cup of the strawberries and remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar in blender container; cover. Blend until pureed. Arrange remaining sliced strawberries on top of cheesecake; drizzle with strawberry puree. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
An occasional dessert can be part of a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
How to Soften Neufchatel Cheese
Place completely unwrapped packages of Neufchatel cheese on microwavable plate. Microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 seconds or until slightly softened.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS