Chocolate Silk Pie
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 10
- 1 Frozen Deep-dish Pie Crust (9 Inches), Thawed
- 6 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 10 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Cholesterol-free Egg Product
- 1 cup Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
BAKE pie crust as directed on package for unfilled one-crust pie; cool completely.
MELT chocolate as directed on package; cool slightly. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 3 min. or until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Add egg product. Beat on high speed 2 min. or until light and fluffy. Spoon into pie crust.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until chilled. Top with the whipped topping. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS Size-Wise
You'll know it's a special occasion when you get to enjoy a serving of this decadent chilled pie.
Unlike the traditional Chocolate Silk Pie which contains uncooked eggs, this pie uses cholesterol-free egg product, eliminating the risk of exposure to salmonella.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS