Steak Taco Salad
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound Beef Shoulder Center Steaks (Ranch Steaks), Cut 0.75 Inch Thick Or Boneless Beef Top Sirloin Steak, Cut 0.75 Inch Thick
- 1 pkg (8 to 10 oz) Mixed Salad Greens
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds, Toasted
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Queso Fresco Or Shredded Co-Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup Ranch Dressing
- 2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons packed Brown Sugar
1. Combine dressing ingredients.
2. Combine rub ingredients; press onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill shoulder center steaks, covered, 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. (Grill top sirloin steak, uncovered, 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.)
3. Combine greens, cranberries, sunflower seeds and dressing in large bowl; toss. Carve steaks; season with salt. Arrange on salad mixture. Top with cheese.
To Broil Top Sirloin Steak: Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2" to 3" from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.