- Prep Time: 45 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- Serving Size: 12
- 1 package (11 ounces) Pie Crust Mix, Prepared
- 4 Eggs, Divided
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) Ricotta Cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed, Well Drained
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Chopped Cooked Ham
- 1/4 cup GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Shape 2/3 of the pastry into large ball; shape remaining pastry into small ball, pinching off small piece to use for decorating. Place larger ball on floured surface; roll out to 5-inch circle. Place on bottom of 9-inch springform pan; press pastry firmly onto bottom of pan to completely cover bottom of pan and about 1 inch up side of pan. Set aside.
SEPARATE 1 of the eggs; set egg white aside. Place egg yolk, remaining 3 whole eggs, the ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, mustard, onion and pepper in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in ham; spoon into crust.
PLACE small ball of pastry on floured surface; roll into 9-inch circle. Place over filling; press lightly into top edge of pastry around side of pan to seal. Roll out remaining piece of dough; cut out leaf shapes from pastry with sharp knife. Arrange on top of pastry. Cut several slits in top of pie to allow steam to escape. Beat reserved egg white until foamy; brush over pastry.
BAKE 1 hour or until golden brown. Serve warm. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Round Out The Meal
Serve this warm dish with a fresh vegetable salad.
Safe Food Handling
Wash hands, cooking utensils and counter tops immediately in hot soapy water after contact with raw eggs.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS