Braised Beef & Pasta With Italian Mushroom Sauce
- Prep Time: 1-3/4 to 2 hours
- Serving Size: 4
- 1-1/2 pounds Boneless Beef Chuck Or Shoulder Steaks, Cut 1 Inch Thick
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 4 cups (8 oz) Sliced Assorted Mushrooms, Such As Crimini, Shiitake, Oyster
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped Fine
- 3 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 cup Dry Red Wine Or Beef Broth
- 1 jar (26 oz) Fire-roasted Tomato And Garlic Sauce Or Other Pasta Sauce
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Fresh Fettuccine, Cooked
1. Sprinkle beef steaks with salt and pepper; press 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese onto steaks. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; brown steaks. Remove.
2. Spray skillet with cooking spray again; heat over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in sauce. Add steaks; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
3. Carve steaks. Serve beef and 2 cups sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Pass remaining sauce.