Rib Roast Dijon En Croute
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 15
- 1 Boneless Beef Rib Eye Roast (4 Pounds)
- 1-3/4 cups Finely Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Chopped Shallots
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 1/2 cup GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Plain Dry Bread Crumbs, Toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely Cracked Mixed Peppercorns (Black, White, Green And Pink)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil Leaves
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place roast on rack in roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 45 min.
MEANWHILE, cook and stir mushrooms, shallots and garlic in butter in large skillet on medium-high heat until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in mustard; set aside. Combine bread crumbs, crushed peppercorns and basil; set aside.
SPREAD mustard mixture evenly over roast; sprinkle evenly with the bread crumb mixture. Continue baking until desired doneness (see Tip), tenting the roast with foil during the end of the cooking time if necessary to prevent over-browning of the crust. Let stand 15 min. before cutting into slices to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve with a cooked green vegetable, such as broccoli, and a glass of fat-free milk.
Doneness Temps for Roast
Medium-rare -- 140°F; medium -- 155°F; well-done --170°F.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS