Easy Chicken-rice Tacos
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (Total Time 20 minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 tablespoon Butter Or Margarine
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1-3/4 Small Onion, Chopped
- 1 pkg. (1-1/4 ounce) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1-1/4 cups Water
- 1 can (8 ounce) Tomato Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Instant White Rice, Uncooked
- 1 can (15 ounce) Kidney Beans, Drained, Rinsed
- 16 TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Shells, Heated
- 1 pkg. (8 ounce) KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Chopped
MELT butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions; cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
STIR in taco seasoning mix, water and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 min. Add rice and beans; mix well. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min.
FILL taco shells evenly with the chicken mixture; top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
You can't help saying "Viva Mexico!" when you enjoy a portion of this food on occasion.
Substitute frozen LOUIS RICH Pure Ground Turkey, thawed, for the ground chicken.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS