Creamy Chicken Over Pastry Shells
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Puff Pastry Shells (6 Shells)
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Chopped OSCAR MAYER Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Cuts
- 1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) White Sauce Mix
- 1-1/2 cups Fat-free Milk
- 1 container (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/3 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds
BAKE pastry shells as directed on pkg. Meanwhile, cook and stir mushrooms in butter in medium saucepan until tender. Add chicken breast cuts; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
PREPARE white sauce in large saucepan as directed on pkg., using the fat-free milk. Add cream cheese spread; cook until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Add chicken mixture and parsley; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
REMOVE center cutout from each pastry shell; set aside. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into each pastry shell. Sprinkle evenly with almonds; top with pastry cutouts.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Balance this special-occasion entree with smart side dishes. For example, try a mixed green salad and a hot steamed vegetable.
Jazz It Up
Use toasted almonds for extra flavor. To toast, cook and stir almonds in skillet on medium-high heat until lightly browned. The natural oils from the almonds prevent them from sticking to the pan.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS