Perfect Winter Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 pounds Beef For Stew, Such As Beef Chuck Roast, Cut Into 1 Inch Chunks
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, Chopped
- 3 cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup Chopped Onions (about 1 Large)
- 3 cups Sliced Carrots (about 6 Medium)
- 1-1/2 pounds Potatoes, Peeled, Cut Into Large Chunks (about 4 Cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Stewed Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Beef Broth
POUR dressing over meat in large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat meat with dressing. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from saucepan; drain drippings.
ADD mushrooms and onions to same saucepan; cook on medium-high heat 10 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Add meat, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broth and bacon to saucepan; stir.
BRING to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour 15 min. Uncover; simmer an additional 15 min. or until meat is cooked through and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Jazz It Up
Add 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves with the broth for extra flavor.
Prepare as directed, using KRAFT Light Italian Reduced Fat Dressing.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS