30 Minutes To Homemade Certo® Strawberry-rhubarb Freezer Jam
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 24 Hours 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 0
- 1-1/4 cups Crushed Strawberries (buy About 1 Pint Fully Ripe Strawberries)
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Rhubarb (buy About Half Pound Rhubarb)
- 4 cups Sugar, Measured Into Separate Bowl
- 1 pouch CERTO Fruit Pectin
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
MEASURE crushed strawberries and finely chopped rhubarb into large bowl. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
MIX pectin and lemon juice in small bowl. Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals will remain.)
FILL all containers to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
How To Measure Precisely
To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS