Italian Beef & Pasta
- Prep Time: 2-1/4 hours
- Serving Size: 4
- 1-1/4 pound Boneless Beef Chuck, Cut Half Inch Thick
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Large Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1can (14-1/2 oz) Italian-style Stewed Tomatoes, Undrained, Broken-up
- 1can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1/2 pound Small Mushrooms, Halved
- 4 ounce Uncooked Mostaccioli Pasta (One & Half Cups)
- 2 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cut beef steaks into 1" pieces. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef, 1/2 at a time. Remove beef. Pour off drippings.
2. Add onion, garlic and seasoning to pot; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beef, tomatoes, broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
3. Add mushrooms and pasta; cook, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover pot; cook 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cheese.