Grilled Steak & Asparagus
- Prep Time: 35 to 40 minutes (Marinating time: 6 hours or overnight)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound Beef Flank Steak Or Top Round Steak, Cut 1 Inch Thick
- 2 Red Onions, Each Cut Into 8 Wedges
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 3 teaspoons Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Basil
1. Chop 4 onion wedges; combine with marinade ingredients. Marinate beef steak in marinade in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
2. Thread remaining onion wedges onto two 12-inch metal skewers.
3. Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Place kabobs and asparagus around steak. Grill flank steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. (Grill top round steak, uncovered, 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness,turning occasionally.) (Do not overcook.) Grill vegetables 9 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
4. Remove onions from skewers; toss with asparagus and 3 Tbsp vinaigrette. Carve steak; season with salt and pepper. Serve with vegetables.