Italian Spaghetti Pie
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 package (8 ounce) KRAFT Spaghetti Classics Tangy Italian Spaghetti Dinner
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Peppers
- 1/3 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 pound Pork Sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
COOK Spaghetti as directed on package; drain. Place in large bowl. Add eggs and the Grated Parmesan Cheese; mix lightly. Press onto bottom and up side of 10-inch pie plate to form shell.
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Melt butter in large skillet. Add peppers and onions; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream; spoon into spaghetti shell. Set aside. Brown sausage; drain. Stir in the Herb-Spice Mix, tomato paste and water; simmer 10 min.; stirring occasionally. Spoon over the sour cream mixture.
BAKE 25 min. Top with mozzarella cheese; continue baking 5 to 10 min. or until cheese is melted.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serving Suggestion For added color and texture, serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Light Reduced Fat Dressing.
Storage Know-How Store bell peppers in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS