Velveeta Italian Sausage Bake
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes (Total Time: 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1-1/2 cups Small Penne Pasta, Uncooked
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, Casings Removed
- 4 small Zucchini, Halved Lengthwise, Sliced (about 3 Cups)
- 1 medium Red Or Green Pepper, Chopped (about 1 Cup)
- 1 can (8 ounce) Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 pound (8 ounce) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, Cut Into 0.5-inch Cubes
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown sausage in large deep skillet on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up the sausage. Drain; return sausage to skillet. Add zucchini, peppers and pizza sauce; stir until well blended. Cook 5 to 6 min. or until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture along with the VELVEETA; stir until well blended.
SPOON into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Watching your fat intake? Enjoy the same great taste of this Italian-inspired main dish by preparing with VELVEETA Made With 2% Milk and extra lean ground beef.
Prepare as directed, substituting 1 lb. lean ground beef for the sausage and 1 cup each shredded carrots and zucchini for the 3 cups sliced zucchini. Also, try using a fun pasta shape, such as wagon wheels.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS