Black Forest Pie
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes (Total Time 2 Hour 55 Minutea)
- Serving Size: 10
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter Or Margarine
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 can (21 ounce) Cherry Pie Filling, Divided
- 1 unbaked 9-inch Pastry Shell
- 1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, Coarsely Grated
- 1 tub (8 ounce) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, Thawed, Divided
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Combine sugar, cocoa and flour in medium saucepan. Add butter and milk. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return to hot mixture. Add half of the cherry pie filling; stir until well blended. Pour into crust. BAKE 35 to 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 1 hour. ADD grated chocolate to 2 cups of the whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Spread over pie; top with remaining cherry pie filling and the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 30 min. before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up A serving of this sweet treat goes a long way on chocolate flavor.
Great Substitute Substitute 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder dissolved in 1 Tbsp. milk for the grated BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate. Mix with whipped topping and continue as directed.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS