Almond Pear Cream Cheese Torte
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time 4 Hours 5 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter Or Margarine, Softened
- 1 cup Sugar, Divided
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 pkg. (8 ounce) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 cups Sliced Peeled Pears (about 4 Medium Pears)
- 1/4 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds
- 1 Eggs
PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Beat butter and 1/3 cup of the sugar in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Spread firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
BEAT cream cheese and 1/3 cup of the remaining sugar in same bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Spread evenly over crust. Combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Add to pears in large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with almonds.
BAKE 10 min. Reduce temperature to 375°F; continue baking 25 min. or until center is set. Cool on wire rack. Loosen torte from rim of pan. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving. Store leftover torte in refrigerator.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS