Down Home, Southern-style Chicken & Rice Dinner
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (Total Time 25 minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 slice OSCAR MAYER Lower Sodium Bacon
- 4 small Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (about 1 Pound)
- Black Pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounce) Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 soup can (1-1/3 cups) Water
- 1 pkg. (10 ounce) Frozen Collard Greens, Thawed, Squeezed Dry
- 2 cups Instant Brown Rice, Uncooked
COOK bacon in large nonstick skillet until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside. ADD chicken to skillet. Season well with pepper; cover. Cook 4 min. on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet.
ADD broth, water and greens to skillet; stir. Bring to boil.
STIR in rice. Top with chicken; cover. Cook on medium-low heat 5 min. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 to 7 min. or until liquid is absorbed. Stir. Sprinkle with reserved crumbled bacon.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute OSCAR MAYER Turkey Bacon for OSCAR MAYER Lower Sodium Bacon.
Substitute fat-free milk for 1-1/3 cups water.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS