Layered Summer Salad
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes(Total Time 5 Hours 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 4 cups Shredded Lettuce Or Spinach
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- 2 cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 small Red Onion, Sliced, Separated Into Rings
- 2 cups Chopped Fresh Plum Tomatoes
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Frozen Green Peas, Cooked, Drained
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, Crisply Cooked, Crumbled
LAYER spinach, 1 cup of the cheese, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes and peas in 3-qt. serving bowl.
MIX mayo, sour cream and basil. Spread over salad to seal; cover. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight.
SPRINKLE with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bacon just before serving.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size-Wise Enjoy this serving of salad at a summer get together, with a serving of your favorite grilled lean meat!
Substitute Prepare as directed, using KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, KRAFT Mayo Light Mayonnaise and BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS