Prairie Land Pot Roast
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 2 Hours 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 Boneless Beef Chuck Roast (2 Pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) KRAFT CATALINA Dressing, Divided
- 2 Large Onion, Sliced
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Or All-purpose Potatoes, Peeled, Cut Into 2 Inches Pieces
- 1 pound Carrots, Peeled, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
SEASON both sides of roast with salt and pepper. Brown meat in large heavy pot or Dutch oven on high heat in 1/4 cup of the dressing, turning to brown both sides. Add onions; stir to brown.
ADD remaining dressing, potatoes, carrots and enough water to come 3/4 way up meat (about 1-1/2 to 2 cups). Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
REMOVE meat from pan; slice meat thinly against the grain. Serve meat and vegetables topped with pan gravy. Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
How to Thicken Pan Gravy
If a thicker pan gravy is desired, stir 1/4 cup water into 2 to 3 Tbsp. flour in small bowl. Remove meat and vegetables from pan; bring liquid to boil on medium-high heat. Gradually whisk flour mixture into pan liquid until thickened to desired consistency.
A 2 lb. beef rump roast can be substituted for chuck roast. Cook as directed until tender, about 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS