Savory Veal Stew
- Prep Time: 1-1/2 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 2-1/2 pounds Veal For Stew, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 pkg (1 lb) Baby Carrots
- 1 pound Small New Red-skinned Potatoes, Halved
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
1. Combine flour and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Lightly coat veal with flour mixture. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown veal, 1/2 at a time. Remove.
2. Add onion and garlic to pot; cook and stir 1 minute. Add veal, broth and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
3. Add carrots and potatoes; simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until veal and vegetables are fork-tender. Skim fat. Add peas; heat through.