Quick 'n Easy Sausage On A Bun
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 4 Italian Sausage Links (1 Pound)
- 1-1/2 cups Red And Green Pepper Wedges (about 1 Medium Pepper Each)
- 1 Medium Onion, Sliced, Separated Into Rings
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 can (15 ounce) Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 4 Italian Bread Rolls, Split, Toasted
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausages; cook 12 min. or until cooked through (170°F), turning after 6 min. Remove sausages from skillet; drain skillet. Cover sausages to keep warm.
ADD peppers, onions and dressing to skillet; cook and stir 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid. Bring to boil; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
CUT sausages lengthwise in half, being careful to not cut all of the way through to bottom of each sausage. Open sausages; place, cut-sides down, on bottom halves of rolls. Top evenly with pepper mixture and cheese. Cover with top halves of rolls.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Jazz It Up
Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil over filling in each sandwich.
Serve with a fresh fruit salad.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS