Weeknight Shrimp And Onion "risotto"
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 55 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Divided
- 8 ounces Assorted Fresh Mushrooms (White And Shiitake), Chopped (about Two & Half Cups)
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 2 cups Instant White Rice, Uncooked
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound Frozen Cooked Medium Shrimp, Thawed
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/3 cup KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
MELT 1 Tbsp. of the butter in large deep nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 7 to 8 min. or until tender and golden brown. Remove from skillet.
ADD remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and onions to skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 7 to 8 min. or until onions are tender and golden brown. Stir in rice until well blended. Add broth and pepper; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 5 min. or until rice is tender.
STIR in shrimp and parsley; cover and let stand 10 min. or until shrimp are heated through. Add mushrooms and cheese; stir.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using KRAFT Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping.
Substitute 1/2 cup dry white wine for an equal amount of the broth.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS