Southern Sweet Chocolate Pie
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 5 Hours 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 10
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER'S GERMAN'S Sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter Or Margarine
- 1 can (12 oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Deep-dish 9 Inches Pie Shell, Unbaked
- 1-1/3 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 2 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan on very low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
MIX sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add chocolate mixture, mixing until well blended. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with coconut and nuts. (Shell will be quite full; filling will not rise over sides.)
BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until top is puffed and browned. (Filling will be soft, but will set while cooling.) Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
Savor a serving of this indulgent, special occasion dessert that is perfect for a party. One pie makes enough for 10 servings.
If topping browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes of baking.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS