Black Bean Cakes
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 20 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1/4 cup Oil, Divided
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, Finely Chopped (about 1 Cup)
- 1 Medium Onion, Finely Chopped (about Three Fourth Cup)
- 2 cans Black Beans, Drained, Rinsed
- 1 tablespoon GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley, Divided
- 15 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers, Crushed
- 1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
HEAT 2 Tbsp. of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook 5 to 7 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans, mustard and cumin; mix well. Stir in flour. Cook 2 to 4 min. or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1 Tbsp. of the parsley. Cool slightly.
SHAPE evenly into 12 cakes, using about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture for each cake. Coat with crushed crackers.
HEAT remaining 2 Tbsp. hot oil in same skillet. Add bean cakes; cook 3 to 5 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides and heated through. Serve topped with the sour cream and remaining 1 Tbsp. parsley.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve this meatless entree with a crisp, mixed green salad.
Prepare as directed, using RITZ Crackers.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS